- Deloitte in collaboration with the European Commission (DG FISMA) organised a conference focused on how technology could drive the future of financial reporting within the capital market union.
- In the context of its Capital Markets Union project, the European Commission has made a number of key proposals for the creation of new opportunities for businesses and investors across the single market.
- DG FISMA has run a pilot project, called the European Financial Transparency Gateway (EFTG), to test whether distributed ledger technology (DLT) could provide an effective solution to implement a European single access point to information that legislation requires to by disclosed to the public. Starting in 2017 and finishing earlier this year, it demonstrated that DLT is fit for the job of providing cross-border access to information within the Capital Markets Union. The outcome of the EFTG project is promising and the benefits of building on DLT could be numerous.
- In that context, the conference will provide interactive sessions and panel discussions on the how technology driven transparency could fuel the Capital Markets Union.
- Muriel Faure, Head of Innovation Mission of AFG, will participate in the panel « Lessons learnt from the EFTG – How does DLT fit in the world of data dissemination »
Wednesday 2 October 2019 – 10:00- 16:00
Deloitte Consulting & Advisory – Gateway Building, Luchthaven Nationaal 1 J – 1930 Zaventem, Belgium