This year is a turning point for the European Union with a new European Parliament, a new European Commission and Brexit underway.
In this context, the AFG has organised the second edition of its annual conference in Brussels on Tuesday, 3 December from 17:30 onwards.
A panel of distinguished speakers joined us to discuss this year’s theme: A fresh start for CMU – how can asset managers contribute? This conference gathered distinguished policymakers, the C-suite of leading French asset managers as well as senior representatives from the EU institutions and the wider European financial industry :
– Pierre Bollon, general representative and head of European and International Affairs of AFG
– Jasper De Meyer, Senior Financial Services Officer, BEUC – The European Consumer Association
– Karel Lannoo, CEO of the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) and General Manager of the European Capital Markets Institute (ECMI)
– Jakub Michalik, Senior Officer of the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA)
– Eric Pinon, Chairman of AFG, the French Asset Management Association
– Mario Nava, Director for Horizontal policies, Directorate-General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union, European Commission
– Anamarija Stanicic, Head of Regulatory Harmonisation and International Cooperation Division of the Croatian Financial Services Supervisory Agency
17:30 Opening speech and keynote speech
17:45 Panel discussion
18:45 Closing speech