Obligation for asset management companies to become member of a professional association
- The Monetary and Financial Code (code Monétaire et Financier), in its article L 531-8, tells that “Each investment firm, each market undertaking and each clearing house belongs to an association of its choice which is responsible for the collective representation and the defence of the rights and interests of its members.
- Any association thus constituted is affiliated to the association referred to in Article L. 511-29 (the Association Française des Etablissements de Crédit et des Entreprises d’Investissement -AFECEI) ».
- AFG is a member of AFECEI since September 5th 1996.
Who can join AFG ?
- French entities which are entitled to practice asset management activities. Asset management companies and investment companies (especially open-ended investment companies the so called SICAV – sociétés d’investissement à capital variable).
- The companies in charge of back office and registrar activities for employee savings plans (Teneurs de Comptes Conservateurs de Parts -TCCP) which must be separated from asset management companies since 1st January 2004.
- lawyers, legal firms and/or tax advisers
- consultancy firms
- accountants and auditors
- IT services companies and software houses specialised in financial management
- suppliers of financial information and analysis
- French affiliates of foreign asset management companies (since 2010)
How to join AFG ?
For information on affiliate membership, contact Delphine Charles-Peronne (firstname.lastname@example.org, +33 (0)1 44 94 94 21).
To get all information to join the association, you can reach :
Paula Ramos, (email@example.com, tél. : +33 (0)1 44 94 94 15)
Pierre Bollon, Director General (tél. : +33 (0) 44 94 94 14)