- Each year AFG Members fill out a questionnaire on how they vote.
- An analysis of their responses reveals a growing involvement of asset managers in general meetings and their active opposition to resolutions that are contrary to their voting policy. Over the recent years, we observed a continued increase of the participation of asset managers in general meetings as well as a sharp improvement of the dialogue and of the quality of exchanges with issuers.
- Know more
- These yearly analysis (in French) are available on our website.
Main results of the Reporting on the active involvement of asset managers in 2019: Exercice des droits de vote par les sociétés de gestion en 2019 (in French)
- Growing involvement of asset managers in general meetings in France and abroad, but some barriers remain within Europe
- The effective exercise of voting rights reflects the strong commitment of Management companies.
- Remunerations, bonuses and financial operations are the core of the “no” votes
- Sharp improvement of the dialogue and of the quality of exchanges with issuers.