White paper on the Competitiveness of the Paris financial centre
- November 2016 : The Association Française de la Gestion Financière (French Asset Management Association – AFG) has published a White paper: Competitiveness of the Paris financial centre (in English), the result of work undertaken over the past few months, by Didier Le Menestrel, Chairman of the AFG’s Competitiveness Commission, on the competitiveness of French asset management and the Paris financial centre.
- Competitiveness of the Paris financial centre: AFG proposes 10 solutions with a view to boosting the asset management industry
– These tangible and ambitious steps will contribute to making Paris the favoured platform for the European market by 2025.
FROG : the AMF and the AFG unveil seven measures to promote the international development of the French asset management industry and turn Paris into a leading financial centre
October 2016 : The Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) and the Association Française de la Gestion Financière (the French Asset Management Association — AFG) have produced a report on the outcome of the FROG working group’and on the implementation of its actions to raise the profile and broaden the distribution of French funds abroad.
- Know more: Download the press release (in English)
Jean-Louis Laurens, An ambassador for the French asset management industry
The AFG also intends to promote international awareness of the French asset management industry’s many strengths. To that end, it has just named Jean-Louis Laurens as its ambassador He will promote the French asset management’s strengths within the professional bodies and to major international investors.
A key role at European and international levels
- The AFG participates actively in the work and consultations of European institutions (Commission and Parliament, European Securities Market Authority − ESMA) and industry bodies such as the European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA) and PensionsEurope.
- At global level, the AFG is a member of the International Investment Funds Association (IIFA), and takes part in the work of the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO). AFG boots the promotion of the French asset management industry towards investors, service providers and local authorities established out of France, in association with the French regulatory and supervision authorities.
The AFG answers to consultations :
Find on our site the answers of the AFG to the consultations launched by the various international and European regulatory authorities (mainly in English).
– From the IOSCO
– From the European Commission
– From the ESMA
A permanent representation office in Brussels
- At end 2015, AFG strengthened its European presence by opening an office in Brussels. Situated right in the heart of the district of European institutions, within representatives’ pole of companies and French professional associations carried by Medef, he allows the whole team and members of the association to be for the daily contact of the decision-makers regarding European economic and financial regulation: European Commission, Parliament, Council, and main associations – in the first rows of which the EFAMA and PensionsEurope – and think tanks.
Our address in Brussels :
45, rue de Trèves 1 040 Bruxelles
Tél. : +32 2 486 02 90